Tel: 360-422-5391

16818 W Big Lake Blvd, Mount Vernon, WA 98274, USA


  • A great opportunity to serve your community

  • Become part of a strong brotherhood/sisterhood

  • Receive free training to be certified in firefighter 1 and become an emergency medical technician

Looking for a way to give back to your community? Look no further! 

We are always searching for community members that want to give back. We don't require any firefighting experience, we will train you! 

Become a volunteer firefighter



For information on outdoor burning, please visit the fire marshal website:

Big Lake Fire Department

  • 16 Years or older

  • Valid Washington State drivers license & insurance

  • Currently a resident within Skagit County Fire District #9

We'd like to thank the following people that helped make our pancake feed a success:

Mr. T's Café
Amber Keith
Anita McIntyre
Big Lake Bar and Grill
Big Lake Grocery
Bruce Green Snap On Tools
Dana Bucke
E & E
Fidalgo Coffee
Jamie Martin
Jody Clemo
Kelli Baier
Lauren King
LG Isaacson 
Mark & Nancy Redis - American Dream Realty
Megan King / Lulurose
Melody Snyder
Napa Auto Parts 
Oliver Hammer
Pat and Cindy McKeon
Peter Roth
Pye Barker
Riverstone Wellness
Shannon Thomson
Sharon Stafford
Sheila Stafford-Roberts 
Stefanie Stewart
Walker Valley ATV Rental and Repair
Whidbey Coffee
Wild Food / Kathy LaMonte
Woods Logging​